Disclaimer: VAXD.com is not affiliated with Vax-D Medical Technologies. This website exists to provide information regarding Vax-D Spinal Decompression Tables.
Allan Dyer, M.D., invented and founded the revolutionary Vax-D technology. He introduced Vax-D in 1991 and his technology is being used worldwide by physicians in orthopedic medicine, neurosurgery, pain medicine and management, neurology and other specialties.
Vax-D is a registered trademark of Vax-D Medical Technologies.
Vax-D is an abbreviation of Vertebral Axial Decompression.
Vax-D holds Patent #:6,039,737.
Vax-D Therapy has been touted as a patented, non-surgical, non-invasive, drug-free, safe, cost-effective, alternative therapy technology. In over 10 clinical studies, Vax-D has been shown to be an effective, conservative treatment option for decompression of the spine. Vax-D does not have the risks associated with surgery, injections, or anesthesia.
Vax-D is not to be confused with linear traction. Vax-D has been shown to lengthen and decompress the spine, to relieve pressure on the structures that may be causing chronic lower back pain.
Vax-D is the only patented treatment clinically proven to decrease disc pressures to the negative levels needed to facilitate healing.
Vax-D treatment typically consists of approximately 20 daily sessions of 45 minutes each on the decompression table.
Vax-D gives you real science with real results.
A vast majority of patients experience positive outcomes. Patients have reported Vax-D Therapy to be comfortable, relaxing, provide lasting relief, relieve pressure, decrease and/or alleviate pain, and help to avoid surgery. Many patients have reported being not satisfied with drug therapy, manipulation, physical therapy, exercise, acupuncture, epidural injections, laser surgery, disc coagulation, and other invasive surgeries.
Vax-D Spinal Decompression Tables have been used in the treatment of:
- low back pain
- mid back pain
- chronic and/or debilitating back pain
- bilateral leg pain/leg pain
- certain neurological symptoms
- bulging discs
- herniated discs
- degenerated discs/Degenerative Disc Disease (even with bone spurs)
- Facet Syndrome
- muscle spasm/muscle pain
- foot numbness/tingling
- certain types of Spinal Stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal)
- Failed Back Surgery Syndrome/unsuccessful or unsatisfactory laminectomy surgery
* Patients with certain conditions, including, but not limited to, current pregnancy, abdominal aortic aneurysm, surgical hardware in the area to be treated, ankylosing spondylitis, spondylolisthesis > 50%, certain spinal infections, pelvic or abdominal cancer, tumors, recent vertebral fracture < 6 months, bone fractures, or severe osteoporosis are not candidates for this therapy.
** Patients that have had surgery may be treated.
*** Individual patient results may vary.
Information contained on this website is from promotional materials on Vax-D Spinal Decompression Tables from Vax-D Medical Technologies.